Four Rivers K9

Search, Rescue & Recovery

Dogs will be tested in order of registration.  Proof of Rabies vaccination will be required.  Vaccination certificate can be emailed to us prior to event or shown at the event

My dog doesn’t have any type of AKC number and I want to get the title what do I need to do?

For anyone applying for a title for their dog, the dog must have either an AKC Registration Number which comes from the breeder via a puppy registration form or the previous owner via a certificate that must be transferred into your name.

If you do not have an AKC Registration Number and you know your dog is a purebred, you many apply for a Purebred Alternative Listing Number (PAL).

If you are without an AKC Registration Number or PAL Number, you can simply apply for a Canine Partners Listing Number. The application fee for a Canine Partner Listing Number is discounted to almost half the usual price when submitted together with a Trick Dog Title Application. 

For more information about AKC application please visit the AKC website at

I don't care about the title and just want to show off my dog and get a ribbon.  Does my dog still need to be AKC registered?

No.  It is up to you if you would like to receive the title of AKC Novice Trick Dog.  If you don't want the title we will still give you a certificate of achievement and a ribbon upon completion of tricks.

For a full list of available tricks for Novice or Intermediate click on PDF links below